Home

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Weekend Decor Projects

I actually did something sorta creative yesterday. Yay me. :)

Both things ended up in this corner of the living room. That wasn't planned. I actually planned to put them in two different places. (It's the flowers & bird pillow, by the way.)

Here's a close-up of the bird pillow. I probably should have stuffed it fuller. I'll do that on my next one. The words behind the bird (if you can see them) are "this day I will marry my friend, the one I live for, laugh with, love" repeating for a block of text.

We had a really terrible storm the other night and it knocked out most of our flowers. And now the lilacs are on the way out as well, so I wanted to make sure to bring what I could in the house. I wish I could attach smell to a blog because the living room smells amazing right now.

The crate is a wine crate that I bought a few years back to use as decor at my cousin's bridal shower (it was wine themed). I haven't really found a place to put it, but I'm so glad it works for this. It had been living in the bar, but we have more of a beer and poker bar than a wine and conversation bar. I wanted a really big container to make a big statement with the lilacs, and this accomplished it. I wonder if I'll be able to fill it with peonies later in the summer.

Something to look forward to :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment