Home

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Things I Didn't Buy

I've said it before, I have to kill time while I'm waiting for Mike to get off work if I don't work late. I rarely have things to do between 4:30 (about when I leave) and 6:30, so I find places to hang out. Last night, I went to a local antique mall to browse. Ha.

I found so many awesome things I really wanted and thought I needed to have. Of course, I don't have the extra money to actually purcahse them. And I was unprepared, so I didn't bring my camera to take pictures of them. What's a girl to do? Why, take fuzzy pictures on her cell phone, of course!

Here's what I didn't buy:

This is a stove. Yes, a stove! How freakin cool is that? I wouldn't actually want to purchase it, but it's such a unique way to display things. Way to go, vendor!


This is an adorable little ladder. I will be back to buy this if I can't find one of my own to make. You can't really see in this picture, but it has light blue chippy paint, which I love. I've almost convinced myself to add some blue accents to my dining room when I redo all the chair coverings and curtains. Almost.


Here's a cute green table. I have no idea where I would use a cute green table, but I really liked it.


And here's my favorite thing. So freaking awesome with all the chippy paint. We've been looking for a cabinet like this to put in the dining room to hold table linens and possibly some overflow dishes and centerpieces. I love this so much. The problem is, whoever painted it, painted the drawers shut and they really don't open well. If I decide to buy this, I'm going to have to make sure I can get them open or find something else.

I actually did find a large black chest of drawers that I may love more than the chippy cabinet. And of course, I found it before I had the stroke of brilliance about my cell phone camera.

Tomorrow: What I Did Buy. (Suspenseful teaser? Possible. Forgot to take pictures last night of my purchases when I got home? Probable. Either way, I've got you wondering. Teehee.)

No comments:

Post a Comment