Home

Saturday, May 01, 2010

New Direction

I guess it's true that things happen when you least expect them.

I think I've mentioned before that I work in the human resources department for a long-term care & assisted living facility. I've been with thie organization for about 2.5 years now (which is a long time for me to stick around anywhere). In December, I was notified that due to budget constraints, my hours would be cut from 40 to 24 in 2010. So, I've been working part-time hours for the last 4 months.

Last week, I was offered a temporary role, in addition to my responsibilities in HR. I will be the Marketing & Fundraising Coordinator 20 hours a week and reducing my HR hours to 20 per week. I'm FINALLY full-time again! (If only for now.)

I've never officially had a job doing marketing or fundraising. My education is in HR, but my previous experience is definitely more geared in the direction of marketing & recruitment. I have, however, always been a part of the fundraising efforts for every organization I've worked for (I've only worked for non-profits before). And recruiting, no matter what the goal, is all about marketing. What I'm trying to say is that I'm really excited about going in this direction again.

My two big tasks during this next couple of months will be planning and hosting a charity golf tournament, and designing and implementing a website. Two very big tasks that I can't wait to take on. I've helped develop a website in the past, though not to this level. I have a little bit of computer geek in me, so I'm excited to learn more. I've planned 2 golf tournaments in the past, and worked on a 3rd, so I'm really excited to get my hands on another one. I think it's going to be a great success! :)

I never talk this much about work, so I guess I'm pretty excited. Which is a great feeling, going into a new role.

PS: If you know anyone in the Omaha area who loves to golf and would want to support a fantastic non-profit cause, let me know. We'd love to have them golf with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment