Home

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Week In the Life

Do you follow Ali Edwards's blog? If so, you've certainly seen her Week in the Life projects. If you haven't, go to her collection of Week in the Life posts.

I've followed Ali's blog for a long time - probably since she first started designing digital albums for Shutterfly. I immediately went out on bought her book about scrapbooking everyday life, and loved her style. It's nothing like what I do when I scrapbook, but that's why I love it. See, Ali actually scrapbooks. She finishes albums. She creates layouts. I, on the other hand, do not. I have grand ideas, layout concepts, thousands (literally) of pictures, and haven't actually completed a layout in at least two years. Yeah, I'm awesome like that.

I've been following Ali's progress with her Week in the Life book for 2010 and I think I'm finally inspired enough to do something about it. If you look at her posts from yesterday and today, you will see a ton of great examples from her readers about their albums. So...all of that has actually inspired me to pick up a camera and get to work. On Saturday. :)

I do want to start somewhere that isn't the middle of the week. I realize calendar weeks start on Sundays, and to me, it feels like the week starts on Monday, but I feel like starting this project on Saturday. So there.

I have a feeling it's going to take me some time to get used to snapping so many pictures. It will have to be a conscious effort to actually take pictures of the things we do in a week. And force myself to take pictures of things that I think are mundane and boring. I need that weekend time to adjust. Plus, I feel like most of my life is lived on the weekends, when I'm not at work and I actually get to spend time doing what I love...whether it's hanging out with Mike, working in the garden, playing with Molly, being creative, laying around doing nothing...whatever :)

So, I've posted it on the blog. Hold me accountable. I'll probably write posts in the next couple of days about what my plan is, so I know where I'm headed with this project. Thus, my greenishness series will be a little more spread out, I fear. But, I should also have some photos of my every day greenishness to post, so maybe it's a good thing.

Anyone else want to join me in this adventure?? C'mon, I know you do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment