Home

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Week in the Life: Day 2 & 3

Have I mentioned that I'm terrible at this? I am. I really don't think this project is for me, at this particular point in my life. But, I'm marching on, because we're already on Day 4, so why not? I think it'll just be a much less substantial album than I was thinking.

Day 2: Mike and I used this for a lazy day. It was raining all day, so we weren't able to do anything productive outside, and I couldn't bring myself to to do anything around the house since it was actually mostly clean for a change. Mostly.

Highlights:
  • Law & Order: SVU marathon on. I will watch that show over almost everything else. I love their marathons.
  • My First Home marathon. Mike & I recently found this show and love it. It's about first-time home buyers. Mostly we laugh at them, but it reminds us of a fun and stressful time in our lives 2 summers ago.
  • Breakfast for dinner. Apple cinnamon struessel pancakes. And bacon. Yum-O. Plus, Mike made a huge mess when flipping a monster pancake, which is funny to me.
  • More sitting. I didn't get out of my jammies all day. I love those days.
Day 3: I was getting ready for work, about to walk out the door. Just had to put my rings on and take a picture of that day's outfit. When putting on one of my wedding rings, it slipped and started to go down the drain. I reached to stop it and pulled a muscle in my lower back. It was all over from there. I made it out to the living room floor eventually and txted my boss to let her know I wouldn't be in. Mike called his boss to tell him the same. I proceeded to lay on the floor in tears for the next few hours. It wasn't even remotely fun.

Highlights (I'm struggling - yesterday was awful):
  • Mike took great care of me and let me cry as often as I needed to. He's brilliant and thought of a make-shift heating pad since we can't find the one I brought into the relationship.
  • We had egg salad sammiches for lunch. At 3:30. Because I was finally able to stop crying and fell asleep, so he let me sleep.
  • By dinner time, I was able to walk around on my own without sobbing uncontrollably. Huge accomplishment.
  • Dancing with the Stars semi-finals. Saw some great dances.
I didn't take many pictures yesterday because really...I didn't want to remember yesterday. I was in pain, our internet was down, and my Phoenix Suns lost to the stupid Lakers in the Western Conference Finals. Generally just a crappy day. But, those happen in my life, so I should have recorded more.

I'm already doing better today, photo wise. My back still hurts, so I was slow moving this morning. Today is Molly's birthday - she's 2! Happy Burfday, Puppy!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment