Sunday, May 16, 2010

Week in the Life: Day 1

I stink at this. I probably didn't take more than 10 pictures yesterday, and we actually had an eventful day.

We started by heading to the farmer's market. And got lost on the way there. So, we drove around for awhile, and then finally found where we were going (to my credit, I've never been to this particular farmer's market before, and I rarely go to that part of town.) I was really impressed with the whole set-up and the variety of vendors there. I loved all the jewelry and local artists. There weren't very many veggies, but I figured that would be the case this early in the season. We ended up finding some awesome ideas for Father's Day for both of our dads (who are terrible to shop for.) So, we'll be headed back next week to purchase them. I also bought a very cute cluster necklace with a pendant that says "Keep Calm and Carry On." Very cute. And then I turned around and found a bread stand. And purchased some bleu cheese bread. Holy yum, batman! Mike hates bleu cheese so this was a purchase purely for me. I was lucky to walk back to the car before I broke into the bread to try it. SOOOO good. I'm getting more next week :)

From there, we went to get the car washed after all the mud and dust from this week's weather. Then we headed to Tractor Supply so Mike could get a couple of things. $90 (and less than 15 minutes) later, we were on our way home. I thought we would take a different way home for a change, so I turned down a country road we've only taken once before. And then I saw the sign that said "Bridge Out: 1 Mile." Super. That's the story of our county (especially our part of the county.) So, we turned around and went our normal way home.

Once we were home, we at leftover Thai food from the night before and then got to work in the yard. I planted flowers while Mike worked on the lawn mower. Mike worked on push mowing later when he couldn't get the rider working properly, and I worked downstairs in my craft studio for the first time in a long time.

We were getting ready to make dinner when Mike got a call from his parents - his dad wanted to come down and help with the lawn mower and then they wanted to go to dinner at the only restaurant/bar in town: The Bar. Yup, it's really called that. So, we flew around the house and cleaned up a little bit, did some dishes, and then they pulled in the driveway. The boys worked, Ma & I chatted, and then we went to dinner. A couple of pitchers of beer later, we headed home, way past our bedtime (10:15...yes, I'm lame.) Before we could settle in though, we had to put away all the mowers (Mike's dad brought their rider down so we could borrow it.) We played with the puppy and then headed to bed.

It was a fun day with lots of work. The highlights:
  • Everything about the farmer's market. I loved it there and can't wait to go back.
  • Mike was in the front lawn mowing, and I was talking to him through the window screen. Molly wanted to play with him, so she tried to jump out the window. She hit the screen and bounced backwards. Too funny. She was not pleased when I handed her through the window to Mike so she could go outside.
  • My father-in-law on the ground fixing the mower and Molly licking his ear.
  • Laughing so hard with Mike while we were cleaning up at night that I couldn't breathe.
Sorry for the boring post with no pictures. I will upload and edit all the weekend pictures today, most likely. We'll see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment