Home

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Week in the Life Plans - The Album

I've been attempting to figure out what exactly I'd like to include in my Week in the Life album. I know for me, it has to be as simple as humanly possible. I don't have a ton of time to scrapbook right now, so I have to let the pictures and whatever journaling I get done speak for itself.

I like the ideas Ali came up with for the little journaling cards. I doubt something like that would work for me, but I think I'll keep it in the back of my head. To start out, at least, I plan to keep my sketch book with me (like always) and actually pull it out to write down things that are happening during the day (never happens). That way, I'll have a reminder. Honestly, I'll probably tear out some of the pages and put them in my album. Why reinvent the wheel, right? I may use the concept of journaling cards to keep my thoughts brief, but I'll put them all together as I'm designing the album. I'm entirely too anal about things looking right and matching - which is part of my everyday life.

As far as photos go, I'm leaning toward baseball card style protectors. I think that will help me showcase the most photos without them being too disorganized. I may do one main picture per day or a collage of some sort if there's an overlying "theme" for the day (outdoors work, office stuff, etc.) We'll sort of see how it goes.

For the purpose of minimum supplies and thought, I'm going to stick with 4 basic colors (3 neutrals and a pop of color) - black, white, kraft & robin's egg blue. I'm really into that shade of blue this year, so it works perfectly to include it in this year's album. I tend to have a color that I'm obsessed with each year. Last year, it was pumpkin orange, the year before that it was apple red, and so on.

I really don't do any kind of digital scrapbooking, so I'll be putting everything together with actual paper and photos. I may type some of the journaling up, I may not. Probably depends on how much there is and how I'm feeling about my handwriting that particular day. May also depend on who I plan to journal - I've seen some WITL albums where there is a lengthy journaling paragraph that is an overview of the whole day. I've seen others that are just snippets or short blurbs about particular activities. I think that is something I will decide based on the notes I take each day.

How's that for planning? Tomorrow, I'll share a list of things I hope to capture in photographs or at least write down so that we have a record of them for our life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment