Home

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Project

I'm in full "re-decorate" mode right now in preparation for company we'll be having both this weekend and in October. My cousin staying this weekend was just the push I needed to start, even knowing there was no way I'd get it all done before she gets here on Friday. The good news is, I'm not waiting til the week before my friend gets here in October. :) The bad news is that I've become obsessed with decorating when I should be cleaning my house...

I promise I'll have after pictures as soon as everything's reasonably complete. The living room should be almost done this weekend (minus a few wedding pictures I'm still waiting on from my photographer), and I'll have a good start on my guest room after this weekend. Here's a little preview of the bedding I purchased last night from Target (LOVE their Shabby Chic line this year):


Isn't it pretty (and sufficiently girly)? I have managed to avoid all florals and overly feminine things in most of my decorating, but when I realized I didn't have a drop of my favorite color (pink) in the house and Mike's favorite (blue) was starting to take over every room that I had to do something.

I didn't actually get a TON of pink things. The quilt has plenty of pink, and the sheet set I bought is pink with the little rosebud pattern on one of the patchwork squares. I have a white bedskirt and white pillow cases. I didn't worry about shams yet, but those will probably also be pink and the curtains will most likely be white. I don't know how this is going to work with my little black dog, but we'll see! I'm pretty sure that my dad still has an antique lamp of my mom's that is pink with crystals hanging from it - I'm going to his house tonight to look and see if it will match what I'm doing. I was at TJ Maxx last night and found some deliciously shabby chic pink and white frames that will be perfect for the pictures in there.

Now, I'm just waiting for my decorating ambition to catch up with my budget... :)

Have a lovely Wednesday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment