Home

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Energy Level

Do you ever find yourself having energy for a project at a time when it's not at all beneficial? For example...I often feel the urge to garden in the middle of the afternoon. That's just not likely, considering how disgustingly hot and humid it's been lately.

I've always had this issue when it comes to being crafty or creative. I feel the most inspired to actually work on creative things first thing in the morning or REALLY late at night. It seems like that's when I have the most energy and feel the most inspired. Problem is, I go to bed at like 9pm. (Yes, I lead a ridiculously exciting life). Oh, and I'm out of the house no later than 6:30am. Not exactly the best schedule for crafting.

So, I spend most of the drive in to work thinking about what I could be doing, what I want to be doing, ideas for wedding invitations or things I should make for craft shows or my Etsy store (which is sadly empty right now). And then...nothing. Because by the time I get home at 8pm, I'm just tired and want to lay around.

Why is that?? Why can't I work (at work) from like 11am until 7pm, go home and create til my heart explodes with happiness, sleep in, and start all over again the next day. Who decided it was a good idea to work so gosh darn early in the morning??

Any thoughts or ideas on what I could do to realistically fix this problem? I already keep a sketch book with me so I can jot my ideas down. So, I have a ton of ideas all in one spot, but nothing to show for them. I've tried scheduling time for creativity, but I'm sure you can guess how well that works. Anyone know the winning lottery numbers?? :)

Have a great Wednesday, ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment