Home

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pottery Barn Knock-Off Wreath

Happy Tuesday, all!

Today I wanted to show you just a couple of my version of the wreath I showed you in my post about outdoor fall decorations:


I love me some Pottery Barn, but I do not love me some Pottery Barn prices. The large wreath (pictured here) costs $89.50! That is definitely not in my budget, especially considering I have at least 5 perfectly pretty leafy wreaths hanging in my basement as I type.

However, in addition to the 20 or so wreaths I keep on hand, I also have quite a few garlands and other wreath-making supplies that I've purchased as I find them {with grand plans in mind about what I will make}. I had a bunch of leafy garlands leftover from our wedding...I would guess around 15 strands. I purchased them at Michael's on clearance for $1 each. Regular price I believe they're $4. I also snagged a grapevine wreath that I had on hand...I usually don't glue anything down to my wreaths if I can help it so I can change things out as trends change without too much hassle.

I wrapped and twisted and made a huge mess on my living room floor with leaves and berries that fell off the garlands, and I ended up with this:

{I finally get out my real camera to take pictures, and it's dreary and cloudy all day. I give :) }

And here's a close-up:



I absolutely love my bright, leafy Pottery Barn knock-off wreath {that fits my front door much better than either of the PB options would have}. Total cost for me was free because I reused items I'd purchased for other things {however, at the time, they cost me less than $20}. Even if you bought everything regular price, you'd still end up spending less than what PB wanted...but why spend full price when Michael's & Hobby Lobby so willingly give us 40% off coupons??

As you can see from the full picture of my {tiny} front porch, I have a lot of work to do to get everything looking appropriately autumn, but at least I have a pretty start.

I hope everyone has an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment