Home

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Moving Forward

Good morning!

A frequent struggle for me with thinking about what I want to do when I grow up is determining which direction I'd like to go in with my dream. Do I want a brick and mortar stationery store or will an online boutique work better for me? Do I want to design things I like or do I want to take custom orders and work on things my customers are interested in? Where the heck do I find the time to do this while I still have a "real" job, family, friends, puppies, and various household chores to keep up with?

Here's where I should probably answer those questions. Except...I don't have the answers yet. I still have no clue, and while it makes me anxious, there a little bit of comfort in knowing that I don't have to have all the answers right now. What I want to do can grow with me and meet my needs differently over time.

In the meantime, I need to take small steps to actually move forward. I'll never get where I want if I keep standing still {or moving backwards}. Slowly building a new website at work has inspired me to start thinking about a website for Vogt Design Co. {beyond this blog, but blogging will still be a part of it}.


There's nothing exciting about this post except for the cute picture above {via Pinterest}. I don't have a sneak preview of the website to show you. I don't even know what kind of content will be on the site. However, I often use this blog as my journal...to throw ideas out there and see what sticks. To record what I'm thinking about or what I've been up to {normally with the hopes that someday, these stories will make it into a scrapbook}. That's all I'm doing today...throwing the website out there and seeing how long it takes me to make some progress in this area.

Here's hoping all my readers are making progress toward their dreams today!

No comments:

Post a Comment