Home

Monday, April 05, 2010

Spring Decorations

I meant to get these pictures posted before Easter, so let's just pretend :) I have a ton of Christmas decorations, and since fall is my favorite season, I have far too many fall, Halloween & Thanksgiving decorations (especially after my fall wedding). But, after this never-ending winter, I was so ready for spring. I had to have some pastel spring/Easter decorations. And then I realized that I have no pastel-y decorations, so I had to make something up.

This is behind my couch, in the corner of my living room:
 Just a couple of disclaimers. 1. My wall is not actually yellow. It's more of a suede color. Apparently the light of my flash doesn't do it justice. 2. What the heck is that stripe of light on the right side? 3. I'm not really a terrible photographer. I promise.

So, anyway, these are just things I had laying around the house for the most part. Working from left to right: the stand is a candle holder I found on clearance for a dollar. I plan to rough it up with some sandpaper soon - it's too white for me. I made the bird's nest and eggs. The candle sticks were wedding gifts and they have white, lacey looking egg candles on top of them. The small glasses in front are from a crystal barware set I inheirited from my great grandma and then my mom. In the middle, I used a cake stand to make everything taller. The pink fluted candy dish was my mom's, and I put a champagne glass full of jelly beans in it. The other dishes are from a matching set given to me by my grandmother (creamer, sugar bowl, and custard dish). The glasses in front are from our everyday drinking glass set. All the candles were actually on our captain's table at our wedding reception, but now I use them in almost every decorating scheme I come up with for my sofa table. The pitcher is something I bought awhile back because I think it's adorable. You can't see it in the picture, but there are bird impressions all over it. It all screams spring to me. Oh, and the eggs are just different kinds of candy - M&M's, Dove chocolate eggs, and Starburst jelly beans. What do you think?

I'll probably leave it up for a little while longer, and then go to something more universally spring. Pastels really aren't my thing, but I'm in love with cream and white right now, so I might do a fresh display of cream/white and maybe a brighter green.

I also ordered these bowls as soon as they went on sale at Pottery Barn:
They're cute little egg shapes, and come in 4 pastel colors (blue, yellow, pink & green). I think they'll be great for next year. I love buying things on sale after holidays, and then having something new to use the next year, without having to spend money on full price decorations.

I finally picked out pictures for our wedding album this morning. Almost 6 months after our wedding. Yeah, I'm really on top of things. I can't wait to see the final product now :)

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment