Home

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hello, Spring!

After a very long, awful, and (literally) life-threatening Nebraska winter, I haven't been able to wait for some signs of spring. I appreciated the mud that caked my car for weeks last month, because it at least meant the snow was melting.

I've been able to open the windows all weekned and let in the warm sunlight and feel the spring breeze. My allergies don't normally allow for much of this, but at this point, I can't get enough. I even hauled out the camera to take a couple of pictures in the yard, and I'm fairly pleased.


 Obviously, I've edited this photo (no, I don't live in BlackAndWhiteland). But, I think it's just gorgeous this way. I pay a lot of money for framed prints that look very similar to this. I can't resist the homemade fences and the blooming tree that's surrounded by other trees waiting their turn for spring. Don't ask me what kind of tree that is that's blooming - my best guess is apricot or peach, based on the blooms. It didn't bloom last year or produce fruit though, so who knows. I'm not exactly a tree expert.


This photo is the beginning of my blooms on my beloved tulips. They are a gorgeous orangey-red when they bloom and I can't get enough of them. I really didn't mean to get this kind of a photo, but I'm so glad I did. Our awesome, original barn is in the background (built in 1900) and you can see a good chunk of our little farm. I love it.

So, that's spring on the Vogt farm. I'm in the middle of BBQing some ribs for dinner, along with homemade bread turned into garlic bread and some baked (well, grilled) potatoes. Love love love eating outdoors.

Hope everyone's weekend was fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment