Home

Monday, October 24, 2011

Remember Your Manners and Some Cute Kids

Good morning!

I found out this morning that some photos I've taken and posted publicly are being used by others as their own. Not cool. I really don't post a ton of original pictures, so I didn't think this would be an issue for me, but apparently it has been. I try very hard to give credit where it is due when I post other's pictures {Pinterest is extremely helpful in that regard.} I was pretty livid this morning when I found out and my husband {who isn't what I would call creative} asked why it was such a big deal. Which calmed me down, because I want to give people the benefit of the doubt - maybe if you don't create things and post them on the Internet, then you don't get the "etiquette." Good rule of thumb though - give credit where it's due. We all learned at a pretty young age not to cheat. We know it's not right to steal someone's research and pass it off as our own. I can't take a copy of Huck Finn, cross out Twain's name, and write my own. Using that same logic, it's probably not okay to take a picture someone else took and post it on your blog or Facebook as your own. It's not okay to take credit for a project that was made by someone other than yourself. Remember your manners, kids. {I hope the stealers actually read what I write and not just steal my pictures.}

This happy little development means I'll be adding watermarks to my original pictures. As I said on Facebook this morning, yay for more work.

Alrighty, teaching moment over. Moving on to some pictures of really cute kids I took this weekend :) If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you've seen my nieces and nephew make appearances before. We had a lot of fun with a quick picture session yesterday since it was time for a new family picture. Here are just a couple of what we ended up with:




That's all I've got for today. This last week was extremely busy, so I'm still trying to get back on some sort of a regular sleeping/working/not working schedule {though there isn't a lot of time for things other than work and sleep right now}...hoping get started on packing and cleaning this week. Oh, we had our home inspection last Thursday, everything was good, and it looks like we're on track to move at the beginning of December! So glad to have that hurdle done...now on to packing up a LOT of stuff :)

Happy Monday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment