Home

Friday, February 11, 2011

Make It Monday Card #1

I don't know how many people who read this blog are card-makers. I don't even know how often I've shared cards that I've made on this blog. Normally because I'm making them so quickly to get out the door for a project, I don't even have time to take photos of them. :)

Anyway, if you're a stamper, then there's no doubt that you've heard of Papertrey Ink. If you haven't, go check out their website & Nichole's blog. This is the perfect time to get hooked on all the amazing products they have because they're celebrating their 4th anniversary this month! Every year, the festivities have gone on for the first 15 days of the month, and every year, I think it's more than my creative little head can handle :)

One of the things they're introducing this week is a challenge called Make It Monday. You can read the original post on Nichole's blog here.

So, I finally got around to making and photographing some cards last night. Two to be exact. Yeah, I'm a super-achiever, I know {sarcasm font}.

Here's the first:


Excuse the crease in the corner...that's what happens when you carry your cards to work in your purse to photograph them because you're never home when the sun is up!

A sweet little thank you note for a teacher. The challenge this week was to combine the same sentiments from different stamp sets all on one card. Check out the video in Nichole's blog post by Erin Lincoln...she's far more talented than I am :)

I stuck with mostly primary colors in this card, which is what I always think of when I'm making cards for teachers. The vintage buttons remind me of the brick on old school houses, for some reason. Love them.

Check out my next post for the other card (because the MIM rules say they need to be two separate URLs!) Thanks for looking!

Here's the deets:
{stamps} Teacher's Apple (the teacher heading, apple and "we appreciate you" sentiment); It's Official (the lines on the notebook paper and the "A+" sentiment); Just the Ticket (the "All Star" sentiment); Handwritten Notes (the "You're the best" sentiment); Cupcake Collection (the "thank you" sentiment); Friendship Jar Fall Fillers (the "thankful for you" sentiment).
{paper} Spring Moss & Lemon Tart from PTI, Not Quite Navy from SU!
{ink} Old Olive, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip & Not Quite Navy from SU!
{other} Spiral Notebook Page die from PTI, pure poppy vintage buttons from PTI, ribbon from SU! (which is retired now, I believe), punch from SU!, and tissue tape from Tim Holtz Idea-Ology.

No comments:

Post a Comment