Home

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Birthday, Michael!

Remember this post, where I showed you a preview of what I'm doing for my nephew's 5th birthday party? Well, here's what I came up with (which, admittedly, looks pretty different from my preview post).

My nephew absolutely loves the movie Cars (which I told you in my Valentine treat post). However, he's had a Cars themed birthday for at least the last two years, and Auntie was ready for a new take on this Cars obsession. While I was brainstorming a new angle for this year, I came up with the idea of having drive-thru food for his birthday. But, since we always go to a local pizza/game place (think Chuck E. Cheese but much less annoying) for his birthday dinner, I had to do something creative with the dessert. Enter the fast-food inspired cupcakes & cookies.

I got the idea from Bakerella (you can see the original post here). I'm not even going to try to re-invent the wheel...just follow her directions in that post, and you'll basically have what I did. I plan to add some red icing to the fries after they're in their bags to look like ketchup. Plus, she offers free templates for the tray and the fry holder, which is a huge bonus...much less work if you don't have to come up with that yourself. I just printed the blank fry template and stuck a Cars sticker to the front, like a logo.

Originally, I had planned to use that cute logo I showed you in my preview post, but let's face it, I ran out of time. I think Michael will be happier with the Cars sticker anyway.

Mine isn't nearly as cute as Bakerella's, but I think Michael will be happy. And I'm just happy to not be baking anymore after I was up til 1am getting all this crap ready for the party tonight!

Have a great day, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment