Home

Monday, July 26, 2010

Introducing...



Yup, my next creative endeavor. This isn't my first attempt at selling things I make (far from it), but it is my latest installment. It's less specific this time, so I don't have to feel pressured to make a certain thing. I just get to enjoy creating!

So, what is it that I'm doing, exactly? I'm still making greeting cards and greeting card sets, because that will always be my first love. But, I'm also embracing all sorts of things that are {handmade}, from wedding stationery to entire wedding ensembles, cupcake bling (because you know my love for cupcakes), party packages, home decor, holiday items, and so on. If I love it, and I can make it, it's fair game!

If you've been reading my blog for awhile now, you know that I find it extremely important to support local businesses, artists, growers, etc, as well as individuals who are not part of some national chain (buying on Etsy, at small boutiques, and so forth). I will almost always buy local (even if it costs a little more) over some mega-chain, if I can. By labeling something {handmade}, I'm showing my support for all those great sellers, while throwing my hat in the ring as well. {Handmade} means that whatever I've created, I've done so because it means something to me. I've taken time create an inspired work - no matter what it is I've made. {Handmade} also means that no matter what the item, no two will ever be the same - everything is cut, stamped, designed and assembled individually.

Over the course of the next few days, I'll write posts that explain a little more about what I'm doing and show you some examples of things I'll be selling. If you're bored of this already, I apologize - I promise, this blog won't become a blog that's only about crafts and selling them! But, creating things is a big part of me, so that's what you get sometimes! :)

I think I've mentioned in previous posts that I've been busy creating for the last few weeks in preparation for an open house. This will be my first big event of the season with the new company name, new items, etc., so I'm getting very excited (and feeling the pressure of the deadline!). Anyone in the area is very welcome to attend - we'd love to see you stop by!

A friend from work is hosting the open house to individuals who have a home-based business to share their products in a very informal atmosphere. She is part of a team that will be participating in the Susan G. Komen Walk for the Cure 3-day event in Minneapolis. This is their 3rd walk (they've made it an annual event) and I try to find a way to support them each year. So, this year, I'll be donating 10% of whatever sales I have at the open house to my friend's fundraising team. Which means I'm depending on anyone who knows I'm going to be at the open house to come and support my donation! So, if you're local and reading this, spread the word, please!

The open house is Friday evening in Omaha. If you want more information, find me on Facebook and I'll be happy to send you an invitation. You can pass it along to your friends as well. It really is a great cause, and I'm proud to be a part of her fundraising efforts, while getting to do something I really enjoy!

Okay, that's enough about me and Vogt Design Co. for today, but I'll be back over the course of the week to tell you more, including my attempt to sell on Etsy and some sneak peeks of what I've been up to over the last few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment