Home

Monday, July 18, 2011

Happy July

I could make a bunch of excuses for why I haven't blogged lately, but the reality is, I just haven't had time for it. I had always planned to take a bit of a summer break so I could work on actually being creative instead of just talking about it, but the creativity hasn't happened, and the break sort of happened without realizing it. Whoops.

 Anyway, needless to say, my life has been extremely busy since I last blogged. I can't even update you on it, because I don't really remember what all it was so busy with, except for work, work, work, life, and more work. There was a period in there where I didn't even pick up my camera for weeks unless there was a major event going on.

Because it's such a pain in the rear to remember to take my camera every where I go (which makes it extremely difficult to complete my Project Life), one of my demands for a new phone was a decent camera. Enter my new iPhone. So far, I love it, and am already taking more pictures to document our life! (I'm using the Instagram app for editing, which I love.)

From my carrot pickling adventures on Saturday

Have you seen that next week, Ali Edwards is hosting her annual "Week in the Life" project? She blogs about her supplies here. I did this project last week, very poorly, and never put the album together even after all my planning. I decided this year, I would try again and incorporate it into my Project Life, adding extra layouts for additional pictures we capture. Yes, I said "we." Since the husband has an iPhone now too, I asked him to take 3 pictures a day to contribute to the album. It will be nice to have his point of view on something. (Don't tell him, but if he doesn't mind too terribly for this week, I'm going to ask him to take 3 pictures a week to include in the Project Life album.)

I posted on my Facebook about starting a group for the WITL project...so far, I have one friend who's a taker. I'd love to have more people keep me accountable for this project, so let me know if you're interested! (And friend me if you haven't already).

So, that's what I have coming up over the next couple of weeks. I've been getting craft fair flyers like crazy, which means it's probably time for me to start making stuff to sell. Which means lots of crafty time, which I love!

I hope your summers are going well :)


No comments:

Post a Comment