Home

Friday, July 29, 2011

{Week in the Life - Why I Participate}

I posted my photos first thing this morning, but I wanted you to see Ali's blog today, which includes a link to her Thursday post from the 2010 project. I just love her perspective on things.

Love this quote!
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return." - Mary Jean Iron

I know some people who are reading have no idea who Ali Edwards is or why I do this Week in the Life project. That quote is the best way I could possibly describe it.

Scrapbookers and photographers often capture the big events, but what about all the little things that make up life? My first two memories are of playing with Legos with my dad and my puppy when I was less then 4 (I only know that because we were in a different house back then), and "helping" my grandma do dishes the week my parents brought my brother home from the hospital (so I was almost 3). I'm 99.9% sure that pictures of those two things don't exist (if they do, I haven't found them yet). 25+ years ago, not very many people took pictures of ordinary, every day things.

25 years from now, I want to remember what my life was like every day. Not just the birthdays, holidays and important events. Not just when there's friends over or family gatherings. Not just my adorable puppies.

All of those things are important, but the little, ordinary moments are pretty important too.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel... i am working on a scrapbook called why i scrapbook. i posted a poem on my blog, and i basically said that i want to capture the mundae aspects of life, so that i can look back an remember how my life was and how i became who i am today. That what i love about week in your life, because it reminds you that though those "big" moments are important, it the small day to day things that matters the most!

    ReplyDelete