Home

Monday, September 27, 2010

This Weekend

So, I mentioned that I was planning to go to the Junk Jaunt this weekend. It didn't happen, for numerous reasons.

The best way I can explain it is, I finally had to admit that I'm a grown-up and needed to rest for a day. Believe me, I was not thrilled to be staying home on a day I planned to get out of town and do some serious shopping.

The good news is, I got to spend the day with my husband, which was a really nice change. Being lazy was kind of fun too. (And I even snuck some shopping in.)

Since fall is officially here, and Halloween is sneaking around the corner, I thought I'd share some awesome fall & Halloween decor ideas with you that I love. Then I realized that all of these brilliant ideas have been moved to a different computer, and I can't share them. Boo. (No pun intended).

Instead, I'll share some of my engagement pics with you from 2 years ago (I cannot believe we took these two years ago...feels like it was yesterday). These were taken at Vala's Pumpkin Patch.. I love Vala's and it's just part of my fall routine to go check out the pumpkins and all that Vala's has to offer. When I was talking with my photographer prior to the session, I told her that we just wanted to capture how much we loved fall. I think she did a pretty good job of that.



Hello cart full of pumpkins. I love you. Will you come live at our house?



Mike & I have an odd sense of humor. I thought the idea of taking engagement pictures in front of a zombie bride was hilarious. Our photographer giggled along with me, but I secretly think she was scared for her safety with these nutty kids around her.


Rickety old fences are awesome.


Yay, pumpkins!


And some corn (not jungle leaves, as others have thought)

So, how's that for random fall-ness? Our 1-year wedding anniversary is a little under 2 weeks away, and since I never did any wrap-up posts on our wedding, I thought I might just share those on the bloggo. I know my friends from TheKnot will appreciate me finally doing that (even though everyone's already seen the pictures and heard the stories). I promise not to go wedding overboard.

Happy Monday, all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment