Home

Friday, September 10, 2010

I Am No Longer Young

This week has been about teaching me this lesson, apparently.

I don't know about you all, but when I was in high school and college, I was always busy. I had a packed schedule, always had somewhere to be and not enough time to sleep. And I loved every second of it. I'm sure there were times that I was frustrated and exhausted, but I really don't remember those times. I just remember loving everything I did and not wanting to give any of it up.

Fast foward 10 years since I graduated high school and 6 or 7 since I left Ames...I can't do that anymore. Why not?? There are so many fun things going on right now and I just want to be a part of them all, plus live up to my responsibilities, plus focus at work, plus, plus plus...

Guess what? I'm not a kid anymore. That's not realistic. Unfortunately.

Doesn't mean I haven't had a blast this week, between Mike's birthday, football, volleyball and more football to come, eating out at great restaurants, and seeing great people. I just really need a nap.

I'm getting past the exhaustion with a lot of laughter now. Some of it may be exhausted giggles, who knows. But, here's what's making me laugh currently:



Every. Single. Time.

Have a great weekend! Go Huskers!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment