Home

Thursday, February 02, 2012

What I Didn't Buy

Hi all,

Happy Groundhog Day! Today also happens to be the day my husband and I went on our first date 4 years ago, so even though I'm annoyed that the stupid little groundhog said there's 6 more weeks of winter, it's a happy day!

I've done a couple of these types of posts before, what I didn't buy. Now, don't ask me why I take pictures of things I didn't buy and then forget to take them of the things I did buy {just like I did yesterday}, but I seem to do that. I think maybe it's so if I'm looking for something or I regret something, I can see it again. Who knows why I do what I do?

I'm really into vintage fans lately. My dad gave me a cool one that sits on top of our fridge that I probably will never part with {it was my grandpa's originally}. I liked this one a lot because the base is light blue. I wasn't a fan of the center being orange, which is probably why I passed it up. I did buy another smaller one that was a gorgeous rusty brown and I will put it for sale when Gather opens this spring.

I love this adding machine. If it wasn't so out of my price range, I would have purchased it to sit on my counter at Gather for no real purpose at all, just because it's cool to look at. Maybe someday I'll find one that's in my budget {I also found, but didn't photograph, the coolest vintage cash register...it was also out of my price range}.

Back to my love for vintage kitchen scales. Did you know I collect these? I only have a few because I'm very particular about the ones I'll buy, but I'm in love with them. I'm pretty sure I have scales in almost every room in my house, even though they were meant for the kitchen.

Another vintage scale. I didn't look at it close enough to actually figure out what it measured, but I thought it was pretty cool looking.

And finally, some gauges. I found these in the cutest booth, and I love the way she styled all of her products. These were actually pretty affordable, but I just went in to browse last night and didn't plan on buying too much.

I did walk away with some  jello molds, the little fan, and a florist's frog for displaying things. If it wasn't so stinking sharp, I think it would make an adorable business card holder. I know how clumsy I am though, and I'm pretty likely to prick my finger on something like that.

I try to schedule time at least once a week, no matter how busy I am, to go thrifting or to small antique stores or to browse Craigslist. I love the idea that I never know what I'm looking for or what I'll find. It's always surprising what I walk away with, and how inspired I am after I'm done. I called my husband last night to see if he wanted to meet me and walk around with me. I thought it was so cool to see him pointing out things he loved or was interested in, and even things he knew I was looking for or would find interesting. Antiques and junk aren't really his thing, but as always, he's so supportive of what I love that he never minds helping me out or spending time doing something I'm interested in. I'm blessed to have him in my life.

I'm filing this in the Gather posts, because there's no real updates on the store, unfortunately. Life should be slowing down in the next week or so and then it's back to work. I'm actually aching to start creating for Gather and get the building ready to start staging and filling with product!

Have a great Thursday, I'll be back tomorrow with my Project Life Week 4 layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment