Home

Monday, February 27, 2012

Baby Shower Brunch for Twin Boys

Hi everyone!

I mentioned awhile back that my husband and I were throwing a baby shower for his cousin Sean and his wife Danielle, who are expecting twin boys soon. The shower was postponed due to snow earlier this month, but we finally got to have it last weekend! I just wanted to share a few pictures and the menu for our brunch.

{I wrote a little about the invitation for the shower in this post}

I didn't really have a theme for the shower but I guess it's sort of vintage country. Basically, I just stuck to navy blue, stripes, burlap, and any other things to make a boring room feel more country-fied {I doubt that's a real word}.


I had fun with this party. I'm loving navy this year for some reason, and two baby boys seemed like the perfect occasion to haul it out! Working from the top left, going left to right:
1. One side of the table, with my mason glass jars, vintage inspired paper straws {in navy stripes}, of course, and a cabinet from my "keep forever" collection, that I purchased from the amazing Becky Novacek.
2. Vintage-inspired mason jars from Better Homes & Gardens. I'll bought these with the intention of actually canning in them, but they're so cute and have a really fun shape. I may be saving them for future parties.
3. Part of the spread, that really didn't fit on the table space we had allotted {see my menu below}.
4. Blueberry pancake cupcakes, found here on Pinterest.
5. Cinnamon toast crunch cupcakes, found here on Pinterest.
6. A close-up of my silverware/napkin display, and the only decent picture of the flower arrangements I put together.

Menu:
We kept the menu very simple so it could be prepared the morning of the shower without too much trouble. We had individual fruit salad cups and yogurt cups, and made bacon strips and breakfast sausage meatballs. We also made Belgian waffles, and had a bunch of toppings available for them or the yogurt {strawberries, blueberries, peaches, fresh whipped cream, granola and strawberry, blueberry & butter syrups}. For dessert, there were blueberry pancake cupcakes and cinnamon toasty crunch cupcakes {see above for the links to the recipes.} To drink, we had water with lemon, pineapple orange juice and citrus champagne sangria {recipe here from Pinterest}.

All in all, we had a great time. We don't get to see this side of Mike's family all that often, so it was really special to be able to hang out with them and celebrate such a special event. This didn't resemble the typical baby shower in any way {other than the gorgeous pregnant lady opening gifts!} Just lots of talk and catching up and celebrating two people who are going to make amazing parents. I can't wait to meet their baby boys!

Supplies:
Table linens {not pictured, but they were plain navy clothes}: AAA Rents in Lincoln, NE
Mason jars: Better Homes & Gardens line at Walmart
Paper straws: DimeStoreBuddy on Etsy
Food: All made by Mike & me, except for the glazed cashews, which I actually got from Bass Pro in Council Bluffs, IA
Flowers: Bouquets from Trader Joe's & Sam's Club, arranged by me in vintage mason jars
If you have questions about anything else pictured, comment or send me an e-mail!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment