Home

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Schedule Change

As you can see, I obviously didn't get the rest of the craft studio pictures posted yesterday. I apologize for that if you were really counting on seeing them. I will do that soon.

I'm in the midst of a schedule change and it's driving me batty. First, Mike & I changed our hours at work a couple of weeks ago to 7am-3:30pm. Which is great because we get to be home earlier in the day (usually be 5pm, which is completely unheard of for us). But, that means that we have to be out the door by 5:30am. I am not a morning person by any stretch of the word. In fact, I don't consider 5:30 to be morning..it's more like "middle of the night." Needless to say, my body has not yet adjusted and I'm pretty tired by the time I get home.

The other schedule change I'm struggling with is keeping up with crafty things I have going on. I sort of took a year off of the craft show/custom order thing when we were planning our wedding. Now, I'm trying to get back into the swing of things and as I sat at my table last night trying to come up with something cute to create, it hit me that I should have already made Halloween things and should be moving on to Christmas. CHRISTMAS! Are you kidding me? I know that's the reality in this particular case, but come on. It's been 100 degrees here for the last couple of weeks, the only reason I'm thinking about Christmas is because I'd like to go bury my head in a pile of snow. I'm feeling extremely out of my element right now when it comes to being creative.

Things are happening in a whirlwind around me, which is great. I love moving at that speed, keeping busy, always having something on my schedule. I've been that way since high school and I tend to succeed when I live like that. The problem is, I'm getting old. :) I can't keep up with that anymore, and I greatly appreciate my down time to nap, read, nap, watch shows I've recorded on the DVR, nap, play with Molly...did I mention napping?

I was saying to Mike last night before bed, remember how when we were younger, all we wanted to do was stay up later? Now, all I can think about is how to get to bed 15 minutes earlier (and that completely makes my night when I do).

So, the point of all this rambling is that I'm really trying to get back on track...get in the crafting mode, be more productive when I am home, blog and work on the Etsy store, and so on. I figure if I say it on my blog, I'm more likely to do it. So, there ya go, it's out there for the world to see.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment