Home

Sunday, August 15, 2010

My Craft Studio

I have been busy busy busy organizing my craft studio the last couple of days. Busy. That's basically all I've done. But, I'm so happy with the way that everything turned out...I finally have a place for everything. 2 years after we moved in.

So, this post will be very picture-heavy. And explanation-heavy. Here we go.

The view as you enter the room (left)
View as you enter the room (right)
Opposite side of the room
And finally the view of the left side of the room

Here's the details, now that you have a general idea of what the room looks like.
On the shelf beside my work table...my Epic 6 die cutter and my Cuttlebug. There's also some magazines on the bottom for inspiration, a stack of my favorite embellies, and a couple of binders. The flowered binder is my inspiration pieces that I find everywhere, and the black is my portfolio for wedding and party stationery. To the left of the shelf is a filing box, where I keep scraps of cardstock and patterned paper, organized by color. My Cricut machine and cartridges will eventually go on this shelf as well. The box on top of the shelf is to carry supplies between my craft room in the studio and the dining room where I work sometimes.
My punches hang on the wall on bars from Ikea.
In the basket to the left, I keep my Copic markers and my watercolor crayons from Stampin' Up! There's also my SU! color wheel and a diagram of SU! colors by the old color families.
In the basket t the right, there's punches that won't hang on the pegs...corner punches and border punches. My heat gun also rests there and is plugged in below.
Here's my shelf from Making Memories that holds my ribbon, buttons, glitter, paints and SU! markers.
Below that is my Making Memories carousel and SU! ink holder (for my ink pads and refills).
Here's a view of the carousel. I keep a little of everything here...markers, pens, blenders, stamp cleaner, my crop-a-dile, a long acrylic stamp block, etc.

In the set of drawers to the right of the carousel, I keep some of my most-used tools.
In the first drawer, I have the basics...adhesives, scissors, and bone folder
I have acrylic blocks in the second drawer
And in the bottom drawer, I have inks that I use often (that aren't SU! inks)...black StazOn, Versamark, black ink from Papertrey, Ink. I also keep a SU! copyright stamp in that drawer that gets used whenever I make cards for craft shows.

It seems like this post is going to have to be broken down, since there's so many pictures...so, tomorrow, I'll show you the front wall of the room.

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding me? This is your before??? This is amazing! I love it! Nicely done and thanks for giving me your link :).

    ReplyDelete