Home

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Project Life: Week 1

Hi all,

Happy Wednesday! I wanted to pop in today to show you my Week 1 layout for my 2012 Project Life album. Look at that, I got a layout done! I'm one farther along than I did with my 2011 album {though, with as simple as this system is, I'll be caught up as soon as I find a spare hour or two}.


This first photo is the entire layout as you're looking at the album. Today is kind of a dreary day here, so the photos are a little darker than I'd like them. Plus, does anyone have any tips for taking a good photo of page protectors? I really didn't think it would be that hard!

Anyway...it's a two page spread, plus I included one 6x12 page protector for my 2012 goals.

Here's a look at the left side:

In the top left corner is my title card for this week. I labeled it week 1 {I will probably go back in and put the dates on the card, but I want to find a uniform way to do this throughout the album, and I haven't come up with it yet} and I also included some things that happened last week that I don't have photos of but that I want to remember or were an important part of my week. This won't happen every week, but I'm sure it will fairly often.

This page is also where I put my filler 3x4 card {the furthest left} because there are slots for 8 journaling cards and 7 pictures once you have a title page in there. I used the date stamp that came with last year's Project Life kit to include the date on my journaling cards. These don't come in the new Core Kits, but you can find them in any office supply store.

One other note - on the bottom left corner, you'll see Jim Carrey's face in my layout. No, Jim and his penguins don't hang out with my family. We had movie night with the fam, and since I didn't have a picture, I found the cover of the DVD we watched and had it printed in 4x6 to include with my album.

Here's a look at the right side:

The right side has a similar layout. I did crop one of my photos down from 4x6 to 3x4 and include it in the journaling card slot on the right of this page, just because so many of my photos were from the same project and I didn't need to journal about each of them separately. {If you look closely, you're also getting a preview of a big announcement I'm planning to make this week...no, I'm not pregnant, just chubby. It's something else!}

And finally, here's the 6x12 page protector I put in the middle:

These are my 2012 goals, printed front and back on this piece of light blue cardstock. I read something somewhere that you're more likely to achieve your resolutions or goals if you post them in a prominent place. I thought from time to time, I could look at my goals and see which I'm doing and which I need to step it up on. We'll see if it helps.

There you have it, my first week's layout. This layout is Project Life in it's most simple form. Pictures in the slots, journaling cards in the slots, week done. There are a lot of very talented people out there going above and beyond and adding things to their albums. It's great and really inspiring! But, I didn't have time to do that this week {as I probably won't most weeks.} The reason I stopped scrapbooking in the first place is that it got to be too overwhelming to me and took more time than I had. This layout was finished in less than an hour, and it probably only took that long because I was working on it on my lap on the couch in front of a Gilmore Girls DVD. I just want everyone to be aware that Project Life can be as simple or detailed as you want it to be...and you don't have to pick one or the other. It really is a great memory keeping system no matter where you are on the scrapbooking spectrum

I hope to be doing these kinds of posts weekly. It's helping me to keep accountable! Wednesday seems to be a good day for that, so I'll make it my goal to have my Project Life layouts for you on Wednesday.

And don't forget to check back later this week for my big announcement! Have a great day!

PS: You may have noticed I'm labeling my Project Life posts now...just click the link at the bottom of any of my Project Life posts to see everything I've written about Project Life and my personal projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment