Home

Friday, March 25, 2011

Thank You! (Cards, That Is)

This series of posts features cards I've made for a specific stationery order. My customer requested 25 greeting cards for a variety of occasions. And that's all the direction I got! Knowing her previous purchases from me, she likes simple things and lives on a farm, so I kept that in mind when I was making these cards. She's seen most of the designs I keep on hand for craft shows, so I wanted to create totally new cards for her.

I've tried to divide the cards out into small bunches (rather than overwhelm you with 25 cards and deets in one post) by the occasions they were designed for. Also, I'm a terrible photographer when it comes to cards. This has been confirmed.

Enjoy!

Happy Friday! It's FINALLY here. With snow, unfortunately, but oh well. It's almost the weekend. I thought today's card theme should be "thank you" cards. I've gotten so much positive feedback about my cards, both from seeing them here and on Facebook. Thank you guys so much for being supportive of me and my creative endeavors! It means the world to me. :) Okay...enough sap. On to cards!


First up, probably one of my favorite thank you cards that I've made. It reminds me so much of spring. The label is from a SU! hostess set from a couple years ago and I just love it. I need to use it a lot more. I also really like the pearl accents on the leaf. I have a lot of pearl and rhinestones to use for that sort of thing, but I always hoard them, so I was proud of myself for giving some up. I also distressed the edges on all the layers to keep the card from getting too girly!

Next is a VERY simple number. I love kraft cardstock so much, I wish I could use it on every project. When I added the rope, I started to tie a knot (or bow), like I normally do, and realized that at that point, almost all the cards I'd made had a bow on them. I needed something different, so I just chopped the rope at the edges of the card and frayed them a little.

Here's a fun technique. I stamped my floral and leafy images on a bigger sheet of cardstock, and then cut them in to pieces. It adds something extra to the focal image to have it cut up like that rather than just leaving it as a single sheet. I also like the layered tag a lot...that's one of my favorite looks and punch combos, and I forget about it a lot. This is another one of those cards that has a lot of layers so it's kind of heavy, which I think makes it feel important :)

And the last one, another of my favorites. I broke out the Glimmer Mist on this one for the focal image background. I have all this Glimmer Mist because I love the stuff, and it's on one of my top shelves in my craft room, so I forget to use it! What is wrong with me?? The bow on the card really isn't that green...it's more of a mossy green, so it coordinates a little better than it looks :) I also used one of the PTI vintage buttons on top of the bow, and it's tied with some Divine Twine in the oyster color (grey)...which coordinates with the layer of grey cardstock I used behind my focal image.

So, there you have it. A big THANK YOU to all of you who look at my blog each day! I'll be back on Monday and Tuesday to finish up all these cards (I still have "Thinking of You" and some blank/general ones to show you), and hopefully later in the week will show you some of the projects I work on this weekend.

 I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment