Home

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Special Celebration Cards

This series of posts features cards I've made for a specific stationery order. My customer requested 25 greeting cards for a variety of occasions. And that's all the direction I got! Knowing her previous purchases from me, she likes simple things and lives on a farm, so I kept that in mind when I was making these cards. She's seen most of the designs I keep on hand for craft shows, so I wanted to create totally new cards for her.

I've tried to divide the cards out into small bunches (rather than overwhelm you with 25 cards and deets in one post) by the occasions they were designed for. Also, I'm a terrible photographer when it comes to cards. This has been confirmed.
Enjoy!

Howdy! It's Thursday, THANK GOODNESS! This week has been so incredibly busy, I'm dying for a weekend.Today's cards are all about special celebrations in your life...weddings, anniversaries, babies. I picked this theme for today because our friend is in labor as I type and we will hopefully get to meet her new little boy soon!


Up first is a wedding card (though this could easily be an anniversary card or a just because I love you card). This has been my go-to wedding card since I first made it. I always think I'll change out the ribbon color to match the wedding colors, but it hasn't happened. The cream (yes, it's cream, not yellow as it looks here) on white is so elegant...I just leave it. And I love it.

The textures were made with Cuttlebug embossing plates. I love the little hat pin detail. This is the kind of card I love to put in a clear envelope because it's just to stinking pretty to hide behind a white envelope!


Next up is an anniversary card. I apologize for the quality of this picture, it's so dark. And I have no idea why, it didn't look this dark on the camera. Anyway...this simple card could be easily replicated (I did make a few of these to have on hand, actually). This is another one that would be fun to change colors on, especially for milestone anniversaries (gold or silver, for example).


This is an extremely simple card that could be used for a baby shower or to send to a mom-to-be to let her know you're thinking of her. I love this silhouette stamp set from SU! and haven't inked it up very often. I need to do that from now on! 


And finally, the first of two baby cards. For both of these cards, I picked unisex colors (green and yellow), but I think they would look equally cute in shades of blue or pink or even purple or red.

I love that stamp from SU!...it makes adorable scalloped labels. And the stamp did all the work for me, I just had to run the green paper through a texture plate. Another card I could duplicate and keep on hand for new babies or baby showers.


Here's the yellow card. When I sat down to make this card, I really didn't know where I was going with any of the stamps I had out. And then this bright little card appeared. I'm loving all the yellow I'm using lately...I guess I need that brightness in my craft life as well as my real life. I am SO ready for spring to be here for real (it's supposed to snow this afternoon, yuck!)

My favorite detail on this card are the two score lines on the bottom part of the card. I think they just add a little something different, and they anchor the sentiment (kind of like a ribbon would do). I know you didn't ask, but my train of thought with the moon and star were nursery rhymes (Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star & Hey Diddle Diddle). I also inked the edge of the card with white ink, which I think softens everything.

Well, there ya have it, day 3 of cards. Are you sick of it yet? :) I hope not! It's not very often that I actually take pictures of my cards (like I should), so I'm enjoying sharing them.

If you missed the first two days, you can find masculine birthday cards here and feminine birthday cards here.

Have a great Thursday, everyone!

1 comment: