Home

Friday, November 05, 2010

Vintage(ish) Christmas

If I had the forethought to take pictures of everything I've made in the last month or so, I suspect you would notice that I'm obsessing over all things vintage and distressed. I actually had to write myself a reminder note to stick in my craft space that says, "Not everyone likes stuff to look old!"

But for my first real Christmas-y decoration, a banner, I couldn't resist. I was at least inspired by vintage things, and I definitely had my distress inks out.

What do you think?

The whole banner

A close-up of one pennant

A different angle...tons of dimension

I love glitter (obviously) and I'm really into this color combo (aqua, light pink, and cream) right now. I almost hope this doesn't sell at my upcoming craft show, since it would be perfect for the Grandma room (my guest room). I have plans for all my pink Christmas decorations to go in that room this year.

A few notes on supplies: I used Ranger distress inks, Martha Stewart glitter, SU! kraft cardstock, October Afternoon patterned paper (from the Thrift Shop line...it's the blue doily paper), Tim Holtz patterned paper (can't remember the name of the line...the paper to make the rosettes), Tim Holtz's rosette die, and SU! rope and giant eyelets. The rest is just random craft store finds...some trim, some holiday picks and paper doilies.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment