Home

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful

Since I doubt I'll be writing tomorrow, I thought I'd just write my Thankful post now.

I'm so blessed to have the life I do, even when things aren't great. My thankful list could go on and on, but I'll try to keep it relatively short (and in no real order).

  • First, for Mike. He is my best friend in the world and I'm so lucky to be married to him. I couldn't hope for any more in a husband.
  • For little miss Molly. She is the sweetest dog and her adorable face makes me happy no matter what. She surprises me all the time with her fearless attitude, and I love that she loves being a farm dog and playing with her cows.
  • For our family. As I've said before, I got very lucky to marry into the family I did. Everyone in Mike's family is so awesome and I love that I get to be a part of the family now. I'm so glad that I'm so close to my mom's side of the family and that we see each other as often as possible. I love that my grandparents are living closer in Lincoln too. And my brother is an awesome guy...as annoying as he is (that's what brothers do, right?) he's still one of my biggest blessings and I don't know of anyone who makes me laugh harder than he does.
  • For my faith. Enough said.
  • For my job. I was fortunate enough not to lose my job completely last year, but my hours were cut significantly. Since then, I've taken on a new (full-time) role doing our marketing and fundraising, and although it's not the direction I planned to take, I love it. And I'm so thankful to our organization for trusting that I could do a good job and for giving me a chance.
  • For our home. I never really thought too much about the qualities I'd have to have in a house to make it our home. I just knew that we'd know it when we were there. And we have absolutely found a place we can call home for the rest of our lives. I love that we already have so many memories there, that Molly loves living there, and that we have some great moments to come.
  • For my friends. They have been my extended family throughout the years and are people who make my life infinitely better. I'm so blessed to have such an amazing group of people in my life.
  • For my mom. She was the best parent I could possibly imagine and my very best friend. I never imagined this part of my life without her, and I miss her terribly, but I'm so thankful for the 24 years I was blessed with her.
  • And for YOU! I know most of the people who read this blog are friends from other walks of life, but I appreciate you going the extra step to read my thoughts and ramblings whenever I get around to posting them. And for the people who read this blog who don't know me "in real life," thank you so much for taking the time to explore my blog! Leave me a comment sometime and introduce yourself, I'd love to get to know you!!
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who is reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment