Home

Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Project Life at Gather?

Hey guys,

It's a really exciting time for Gather. So many changes to look forward to in 2013! But, I need your help making the decision on one of the possible changes.

First, a little background. I think I explained this somewhere along the way, but I named my store Gather because of all the different meanings for that word or the way it could be used. One of my favorite things to do is gather memories through social media and memory keeping. I wanted to figure out some way to incorporate this love of mine in Gather, and also meet a need that isn't being met in our little community.

My preferred method of memory keeping is Project Life. It's so very user friendly, fun, easy, and stress-free. I've introduced several members of my family and friends to the system, I've given kits as gifts, and I've talked about it even more. Unfamiliar with the Project Life concept? Check out this short video from Becky Higgins' website {Becky is the creator of Project Life and a guru in the scrapbooking industry.}



Amazing right? Such a great concept that any of us can adopt into our lives...no matter how busy we are, or what stage of life we're in.

I could talk for days about my own transition to project life from "traditional" scrapbooking. I won't bore you with that. I will say that I've been scrapbooking in some form or another for 15 years. I have a room in my home dedicated to memory keeping. I've spent a lot of money {more than I care to calculate} on all sorts of supplies for scrapbooking. But, in 2011, I made the switch to the Project Life system and never looked back. To read all the posts I've written on my personal journey with Project Life, click here

Here's where you come in. I've been presented the awesome opportunity to sell Project Life products at Gather in the spring of 2013! While I'm completely on board for the idea because I love this system so much, I want to know your thoughts on the subject. Is this something we need in our little community? Is this something you are looking for in your life - a practical, affordable memory keeping solution?

Here's a preview of what you might see if we end up selling these products at Gather:
Blush Edition Core Kit

Cinnamon Edition Core Kit

Honey Edition Core Kit

Jade Edition Core Kit

Kraft Edition Core Kit

Midnight Edition Core Kit

Rain Edition Core Kit

As you saw in the video, all you need to complete a memory album with the Project Life system is a Core Kit {pictured above}, an album, page protectors, and a pen. That's it. Now, you can embellish it like crazy if you enjoy that sort of thing or want to personalize the system. That's the great thing about Project Life - it can be simple or intricate or somewhere in between. It really does fit in everyone's lifestyle. 

In addition to core kits, albums, and page protectors, Project Life is now offering Mini Kits and Mini Albums for those events that warrant their own special album - such as weddings, childhood and holidays. 

One last note - if this system is new to you {or even if it's not}, I won't leave you hanging. If I offer this product, I'll also offer free introduction seminars at Gather {that will most likely come with a discount for some product!} I'll also be holding some more specific classes on different Project Life ideas & techniques, and if there's interest, I thought it would be fun to host some working sessions where we can all sit down and complete a mini album together. Again, these things are up to you and whatever you are interested in. 

So, is this something you'd like to see at Gather in the next few months? I get a lot of feedback via Facebook, Instagram, this blog, and from my customers, but this is one of those times I really need you to leave me a comment here on the blog or on Facebook. I'm relying completely on your feedback to make this decision. If I don't hear from you, I'll assume this isn't something you want to see at Gather. If I hear from you that you love the idea and are interested, then I'll do whatever I can to make the product available. It's as simple as that. 

Thanks for your opinion!

ETA: I had to turn comments for this post off due to all the spam I was receiving {on just this post, weird.} Anyway, if you want to leave me feedback on this post, feel free to e-mail me or send me a message on Facebook {facebook.com/gatherboutique}. Thanks!