Home

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Happy 2013!

Happy New Year!!


Happy 2013 everyone! I hope you had a great time ringing in the new year. I told you in my 112 in 2012 post that I would share some of my 2013 goals with you, so here we go!

I organized these a little differently. There certainly aren't 113, but there aren't just one or two. I'm also getting pretty specific here, because I found out that if I have a broad goal, I don't make as much progress. I'm much better crossing off smaller items as I accomplish them.

Unify the Gather Brand
  • Close Vogt Design Co. on Etsy
  • Launch Gather on Etsy
  • Develop a central website for everything related to Gather (blog, social media, online purchases, Gatherings, classes, etc.)
Grow the Gather Brand
  • Teach a variety of classes in Gather
  • Include party decor & stationery in Gather inventory
  • Expand inventory to include memory keeping tools

Make our House a Home
(We've been in the process of moving for the last 15 months - these goals apply to our new home, once we have finalized the move)
  • Utilize organizational tools to keep our household running efficiently
  • Focus on feeling comfortable with the home as it is, rather than wanting all the changes to happen at once
  • Take pride in our home
Attain a Stronger Sense of Financial Security
  • Begin couponing and price-matching regularly for grocery purchases
  • Sell existing home
  • Live on 1 income
  • Continue to plan dinners at home and to pack breakfasts and lunches
Maintain momentum with Project Life and other memory keeping projects

Prioritize the strength of our marriage

There you have it! Much simpler than last year, but still not a short list. A lot of projects that will take us the entire year to complete or that will never really be completed. Gather will still be a priority for me in 2013, but there are a lot of other aspects to my life I want to focus on. This list has plenty of room to grow and change. And you'll notice that a lot of the things that were on my 2012 list aren't even addressed here, specifically. I felt like a lot of them would naturally happen if I accomplish what I have on this list. And those that don't probably aren't the priority anyway.

Like I said in my last post, I'd love to see your goals for 2013. Feel free to leave a list in the comments or link me to a blog post about them. I wish you all a very blessed new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment