Home

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Joy

Mike & I spent this weekend (Friday - Monday) in San Antonio, Texas. We originally planned the trip down to celebrate with my cousin and his new wife at their wedding, but the weekend turned into so much more than that.

It was truly one of the best weekends I've had in recent memory. Nothing special happened (other than Eric & Karie's beautiful wedding), but the entire trip was spent with family that I don't get to see very often. I loved every single second of it and didn't want it to end. I want to move there and be around that energy all the time.

I can't explain why it was so nice for me other than to just say that I felt like I was right where I was supposed to be. It was exactly what I needed; to relax, move at a completely different pace, and not have to worry about much at all. I won't say I completely disconnected from technology, but I texted less, checked Facebook less, and didn't read a single blog. My Nook stayed in my bag, and I only took pictures at the wedding (which I'm a little bummed about, actually). I just felt the need to experience every moment, instead of texting, Facebooking and taking pictures of other people enjoying what was going on around me.

I've always loved visiting my family in Texas, for reasons that I can't put into words (which isn't a good thing to blog about, I realize...) I'm so glad that Mike was able to experience it with me this time...I think he had just as good a time as I did. When we got in the car to go back to our hotel on Sunday he looked at me and said, "That was so much fun." Anyone who knows my husband knows he's not one to gush about anything. I don't ever remember hearing him say he had fun on a vacation unless I specifically asked him. (Don't get me wrong, I know him well enough to know he has fun when we travel...he just isn't shouting it from the rooftops!)

Coming home, I'm more inspired than ever...to make our house more of a home, to improve my attitude about life, to do something I truly love, to thank God for the blessings we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment