Home

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

So Much To Think About

My mind is moving in a million directions right now. I can't seem to stay focused on anything, which will probably include this blog post. So, I'm giving in to it.

  • I met up with Mike's cousin Brent and his fiance Saranne last night to get some final details for their wedding invitations. I love the invitations they chose, so classy and perfect for their black & white damask wedding. I can't wait to get the materials and start making them.
  • I'm in heavy organization mode. Not that I'm doing any actual organization, I just want to plan it right now and then execute. I found these cute shelves at Ikea that I think I might invest in. The theory is that I could put my cookbooks on these and get them the heck off my kitchen counter, and have like 3 feet more counter space. Woo!

  • Mike & I have decided to move our bedroom from the second floor to the first floor. I think the first floor bedroom was always supposed to be the master bedroom, but there's no real way to tell since all the bedrooms are tiny with no redeeming qualities. The reason we moved upstairs in the first place is because our queen-sized box spring won't fit up the staircase, so we just made the downstairs room into the guest room. Well, I hate sleeping upstairs, so we're moving everything downstairs, and junking the guest bed. It was a hand-me-down and it has a chunk missing from the foot board where my beloved Karma (mom's doggie) decided to chew one night while she was bored. Instead, we're going to be getting some twin beds and using them in the guest room...and later, our kids can have them when they're ready. Here's some cute inspiration pics for that look.
  • From Country Living
  • I decided not to do the stenciling on the dining room wall like I planned. I will probably do it elsewhere at some point (like one wall of my craft room), but I want to go for a more rustic look in the dining room to tie the first floor together. I do hope to go pick out paint this weekend and get the room painted. I still need to figure out what the heck I'm doing for window treatments, so if anyone wants to tell me, that'd be great :)
  • I'm a lot more emotional this week than I've been in the past. It's kind of annoying to be honest. I'm not bottling things up at all, and let's face it, there are times that things really should be bottled up. I'm letting things really get to me that I have zero control over...my anxiety is definitely in overdrive.
  • Miss Molly tore one of her toenails last night and was obviously in pain. I was a mess. I have no idea how I'm ever going to deal with kids and their various injuries.
  • We have a new member of the family, Buster. He's an adorable baby calf (not so little, even though he's only a week or so old). I hope he gets along well with Scooter.
Okay, that's all the randomness I can spew for now. Happy Hump Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment