Home

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Disappointment

I'm the type of person who honors their commitments. If I promise to do something for someone, I will do everything in my power to do it. If I can't do it, for any reason, I'm up front about that and apologize and do whatever I can to make it up to the person. This is multiplied if I'm charging someone for something...a service, a product, my work...whatever.

I can't go into details here, because I refuse to publicly badmouth someone in print, even if I believe they deserve it. But, I will vent.

 When someone advertises a specific service performed in a particular way, I expect them to deliver that service. I understand that certain things can't be helped, but when there's nothing limiting a person from performing that service, I will never understand why it isn't performed. It's completely unethical and just plain lazy.

I will never have this particular instance back. There's no way to recreate it, no way to make up for what we've lost.

Promising someone the highest quality and delivering mediocrity is not fulfilling a commitment to them. Doing a job is different than doing it well. Why don't people strive for excellence anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment