Home

Friday, September 28, 2012

Missing

Hi all,

I wanted to pop in quickly and share some thoughts. No store updates today. Not much of anything actually. Just some things I've been missing lately...

I miss blogging. It sometimes feels like a chore, and rarely do I have ideas for what to write about, but I actually miss doing it on a semi-regular basis. I feel like all I talk about anymore is Gather. I love Gather. But this blog was started to tell stories about our lives, not just our store.

I miss time for fun. Someone called me a workaholic the other day. I consider myself a fairly lazy person, so I got a good giggle out of that. And then I realized that it's sort of true. All I do is work. And the times I stop working are generally because I'm too tired to keep working. I'm trying to make myself carve out some time for fun.

I miss Project Life. I haven't put pictures in my album since March. I have around a hundred printed off and ready to be put in, but haven't made the time. I just picked up my real camera last week for the first time in months. It felt good. I signed up for Becky Higgins' Project Real Life class at Big Picture Classes...hope it motivates me to get back into the swing of memory keeping.

I miss cooking dinner. Fall is my favorite time of the year, and I usually feel the urge to start cooking again when the weather cools off and I don't dread using my oven. I start craving soups. Mike & I have always said that when we have kids, we'll make time to sit down at the dinner table as a family every night. I think we need to make the same commitment to each other, now.

I miss my mom. This isn't new...a day doesn't go by that I don't miss her. But, now especially, I just wish she was still here. I have so many questions for her. I want to learn things from her. I want to go junking with her. My heart aches to talk with her almost every time I'm looking through awesome old stuff. When I was a kid, she used to drag me to antique stores and garage sales with her, and I hated it. But, I learned from her. I learned how to spot treasures and see value in things that were seemingly trash. I just wish I would have appreciated that time with her. And I so wish she could be my partner at Gather.

I miss feeling rested. There's not much else to that story.

Gosh, I sound depressing. I promise, I'm not sad. I'm happy and excited and normally very thrilled with how my life looks right now. I've always thrived having a very full calendar. I almost feel like I'm back in college, with full days and a packed schedule, and always looking two steps ahead because there was undoubtedly something else I had to do. I loved that.

I love this.

I hope to have a lot of fun this weekend. My schedule is fairly light for a change, and I plan to sleep in, get some work done packing up the house, spend time with family, and put in some quality time at Gather. Sounds like the perfect weekend to me!

Have a great one, all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment